We all make resolutions, don’t we?
To be fit, to eat healthy?
Well I have these “Fatty eat healthy food” waves that strike every year where I eat only and I mean only low calorie food which is healthy and which keeps me full for long hours at a stretch.
And trust me when I say this, the carrot apple soup is a boon in disguise. I have one serving for lunch or dinner and I’m a happy happy happy kid 🙂
It’s easy peasy to make. And goes really well with corn capsicum salad.
It serves about 4 people, 1 1/2 servings each.
Carrot Apple Soup
- Carrots peeled and diced – 2 (large sized)
- Onions roughly chopped – 3 (small)
- Apple peeled and diced – 1 (small)
- Garlic cloves finely chopped – 5 cloves
- Mixed herbs – as per liking
- Salt – to taste
- Pepper – as per liking
- Water – 3 cups
- Milk (low fat) – 1 cup
- Mint leaves – as per need
- In a heavy bottom pan dry roast the diced garlic for about 45 seconds. If you feel the garlic is getting burnt lower the flame. Add onions and dry roast it for about 2 minutes.
- Add the carrots and apple and roast it for a minute.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of water place a lid on the pan and let it cook for a good 10 minutes.
- Once the carrots and apple shrink a bit in size put the flame off. Once it is completely cool, grind it to a smooth paste.
- Pour the mixture in the heavy bottom pan, add salt, mixed herbs and pepper. I like to add more of pepper as it balances the sweetness of the carrots and apple and makes the soup spicy. Add the remaining 1 /12 cups of water and 1 cup milk. Boil it for 4 minutes and serve super hot 🙂
Corn Capsicum Salad
- Corn kernels – 250 grams
- Capsicum – 1 large finely chopped
- Garlic – 3 cloves finely chopped
- Hung Curd – 200 grams
- Salt – to taste
- Place a colander over a vessel. Place a muslin cloth on it and pour the curd. Let the whey from the curd get collected in the vessel. Let this sit for at least 2 hours.
- Boil the corn kernels.
- In a large bowl collect the hung curd add the chopped capsicum, garlic, corn kernels and salt. mix it well.
- Refrigerate the salad and serve cold 🙂
I told you it was easy peasy. Now go make it and and if you liked the recipe hit the like button on the page and send the link to your friends, family and neighbors 😉