Winter Sundays are all about appetite and reading news papers. Cheesy, Creamy, Garlicky .. And what better than pasta in white sauce to gratify our appetite.
|Level||Serves||Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|Moderate||4||40 Minutes||20 Minutes||60 Minutes|
- Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Milk – ½ ltr
- Wheat pasta – 3 cups
- Butter – 3 spoons
- Cheese – 4 cubes
- Garlic cloves – 12-15
- Yellow bell pepper – 1 ½ cup
- Red bell pepper – 1 ½ cup
- Capsicum – 1 cup
- Broccoli – 1 cup
- Corn kernels – 1 cup
- Oregano – for seasoning
- Black pepper – for seasoning
- Salt – to taste
- Boil the pasta. Cook it until it becomes transparent. Strain it and let it cool.
- Blanch the broccoli florets along with red and yellow bell peppers, capsicum, and, corn kernels. Once it’s cooked, strain it in a vessel. Do not throw this vegetable stock.
Step 2 (White Sauce):
- In a heavy bottom pan heat the butter and add garlic cloves. Add the wheat flour and roast it for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Gradually add milk and keep stirring. Make sure there are no lumps. Simmer gently for 8-10 minutes and season with salt, oregano, and, white pepper.
- Add the blanched veggies to the sauce, the gas still being on sim. Let it cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the boiled farfalle pasta to the mixture. Let it further cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add grated cheese, oregano, and, black pepper at this stage. Cook it till the cheese is melted.
- Toast Brown bread or garlic bread slices in butter.
Dig into this delicious Italian delicacy and find out how finger licking it is. 😀