Cozy Weather + Smell of Pancakes – Alarm Clock = Weekend 😀
|Level||Serves||Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|Easy||2||15 minutes||15 minutes||30 minutes|
- Shredded carrot – 1 cup
- Walnuts – ½ cup
- Powdered brown sugar – 4 spoons
- Milk – 1 ½ Cup
- Cinnamon Powder – 1 spoon
- All-purpose flour – 1 ½ cup
- Orange zest – 1 spoon
- Ginger – ¼ spoon
- Baking Powder – 1 spoon
- Salt – ¼ spoon
- Butter – 1 cup
For Orange Cream:
- Orange Zest – 1 spoon
- Fresh cream – ½ cup
- Sugar – 2 spoons
- Orange marmalade – 2 spoons
- For orange cream whisk all the ingredients mentioned above and refrigerate it until the pancakes are ready.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, carrot, ginger, sugar, walnuts, and orange zest. Add milk to this dry mixture little by little. Make sure that there are no lumps.
- Once the batter is ready, set it aside for 10 minutes.
- Over medium heat, melt a big pat of butter in a cast-iron pan. Pour 1/4 cup batter into the hot pan, using the measuring cup to pat the batter down and out a bit. Cook, flipping once, until the pancakes are golden on both sides.
- Top with walnuts, orange cream and orange marmalade.
Oh, and did I mention the eating time? These pancakes are so yummy and healthy that it won’t take more than 5 minutes to clear the plate 😉