WINTER IS COMING!!
And what better than a hot hot hot cup of creamy broccoli soup to keep you warm and to satisfy your winter cravings in a healthy way.
|Level||Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|Easy||15 minutes||20 minutes||35 minutes|
Serves – 4
- Broccoli florets – 2 cups
- Onions – 2, finely chopped
- Garlic cloves – 8 to 10
- Olive oil – 3 table-spoon
- Parsley – finely chopped 2 spoons. (Coriander can be substituted if parsley is not available)
- Flour – 1 table-spoon
- Milk – 3/4th cup
- Coconut milk – ½ cup
- Vegetable stock – 1 cup
- Salt – to taste
- Oregano – for seasoning
- Black pepper – for seasoning
- Cheddar cheese – for garnishing
- Cut the broccoli into small florets and blanch it for 3-4 minutes. Don’t throw away the water.
- For fresh coconut milk, take grated coconut in a mixer jar and add water. Stain it in a muslin cloth. And our coconut milk is ready. Repeat this procedure 2 – 3 times depending upon how much water is added in the first and the second time.
- In a pan, add 2 spoons of olive oil. Once the oil is heated, add the onions and garlic and cook them until the onions turn golden-brown. Add the broccoli florets and fry it along with the onions. Keep ½ cup broccoli florets separately for garnishing.
- Add flour once the broccoli is cooked and mix it well. Add in the coconut milk, milk, and vegetable stock (the water in which broccoli was blanched).
- Give it a boil and turn off the flame. Let it cool for 5 minutes. One this mixture is cooled down, pour it into the mixer jar and blend it till we get a smooth texture for our soup.
- In a separate pan, add 1 spoon of olive oil and sauté the remaining florets of broccoli for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Keep this mixture on flame again. Add salt, pepper and oregano as to taste. Let it sit on simmer flame for 5 minutes. Bring it to boil and put off the flame.
- Serve it hot garnished with cheddar cheese, sautéed broccoli florets and oregano.
Add carrots to make the soup more healthier and creamier. I skipped this step as my sister is not a carrot fan.
Hope you find this recipe interesting and easy to make. 🙂